Features & Resources
June 13, 2020
Week 12 Covid-19: Principal’s Update
June 12, 2020
Dear Connaught Families,
We are down to the final nine days of the 2019-2020 school year. Typically, the end of the year is a time to reflect and celebrate. Although this year looks different, I think it is still important to recognize and celebrate the incredible efforts of everyone over the last few months. Our students, families, staff and community members have all gone above and beyond to find the joy, in an otherwise difficult time. I want to personally thank each of you for your support and kindness as we navigated this new way of supporting learning.
Next week, we will continue to observe the same safety practices and procedures. If your child is not currently attending in-class instruction and you would like them to begin please email me directly or call the school. Once we have heard from you, we will let you know when your child will be able to start.
I wanted to share a couple of important updates with you:
- Attached to this letter you will find a poster about a community cookbook project. Please use the information on the poster if you are interested in joining. Community Cookbook Information
- There will be a very important PAC meeting on June 17th at 6:30. We will be meeting in the gym if you are interested in attending.
- On June 22nd we will be doing a school wide pick-up of materials for any children that are not currently attending in-class sessions. Please feel free to come anytime between 9:15 and 3:15. You can come to our gym door (in the parking lot) to pick-up your child’s materials. If your child is in Grade 5 you are welcome to pick-up their materials on the same day as the end of year bag pick-up. If you cannot come on June 22nd please just contact the office to arrange another time.
- Our final day of school this year is June 25th. The morning group of students will have class from 9:00-11:30 and the afternoon group will have class from 12:30-3:00.
- If you have library books we ask that you return them to the school, so that we can do our inventory. We have placed a large bin outside the office for library books that are being returned. Please feel free to come by anytime between 8:45-3:15. You do not need to make an appointment if you are simply returning books.
With the deepest gratitude,
Jennifer Scorda (email@example.com)
Connaught Heights Elementary School