News & Events
April 23, 2021
Week Summary for April 26 – 30
Lost and Found: Please see the attached notice for items that are in our Lost and Found in front of the office. All unclaimed items will be donated on Monday, April 26th. LOST AND FOUND.pdf
Week Summary for April 26h – April 30th
Wednesday, April 28th
- National Day of Mourning – We pay our respects to, and remember, the thousands of workers who have been killed, injured or suffered illness as a result of work-related incidents. We also honour the many families and friends who have been deeply affected by these tragedies. Every worker has the right to return home safe and sound at the end of each work day.
- After-school Yoga in the Gym
Friday, April 30th
- Music with Robin! Musician Robin Layne will be visiting all classrooms outside on April 23, 30, and May 7th. A big Thank you to our PAC for funding this wonderful music experience! All Covid-19 health and safety protocols will be followed to ensure that this experience is safe.
Upcoming Events and Information
Tuesday, May 4th – Early Dismissal at 12:24pm – Collaboration Day
Parents’ Night Out – Please see the attached notice for information on how to register for May 11th Virtual Parents’ Night Out – Entering your Child’s Online World. – pno flyer jess miller may 2021.pdf
Thursday, May 13th – Class photos
May 13th and 14th: 3-Way Conferences.
Ready Set Learn Virtual Events for caregivers of children 0-5 years old. Please see the attached flyers for how to register for the following events:
- May 17th: Mindfulness & Movement: An Interactive Wellness Session for Caregivers and Children – RSL mindfulness (002).pdf
- May 20th: Nurturing Children’s Social and Emotional Competencies– RSL SEL (002).pdf
- May 25th: Exploring Playful Numeracy – Playful numeracy (002).pdf
Please remember to be reviewing the daily health check each morning. If you child has any symptoms from the checklist please ensure that you keep them at home. It is so important for everyone’s health that students stay at home when they are sick. NWS_DailyHealthCheck_Student_MarchUpdate (002).pdf
Ongoing Fundraiser: Connaught Heights PAC Cob’s Fundraiser: – Connaught Heights PAC Cob’s Fundraiser.pdf
Hope everyone enjoys this beautiful weekend!
New Westminster Schools recognizes and acknowledges the Qayqayt First Nation, as well as all Coast Salish peoples, on whose traditional and unceded territories we live, we learn, we play and we do our work.