News & Events
March 5, 2021
Week Summary for March 8 – 12
Please remember to be reviewing the daily health check each morning. If you child has any symptoms from the checklist please ensure that you keep them at home. It is so important for everyone’s health that students stay at home when they are sick. Thank you!
After spring break, there will be a slight change to the recess/lunch groupings. To support our Grade 5 students, in their transition to middle school, we want to ensure that they have the opportunity to connect with all the Grade 5s from Connaught. To accommodate this, Division 2 will now be on early recess and Division 4 will be on late recess. Please don’t hesitate to contact the school if you have any questions.
New Westminster’s May Day Community Association is hard at work and planning for how to move forward. If you are interested on keeping up-to-date with the association’s plans you can visit this link: http://www.nwmayday.com/?page_id=941
Week Summary for March 8th – 12th
Wednesday, March 10th
- PAC Meeting – Virtually at 6:30pm through MS Teams. More information to come. Please see the attached agenda and the minutes from their last meeting:
Thursday, March 11th
- Report Cards Available Online – Please visit https://www.myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen/logon.do and log into your account to see Term 2 reports. They will be available online after 2pm. For family portal instructions, please see attached – Family Portal Instructions – Access Report Cards.pdf
Friday, March 12th
- PAC Pizza Hut Hot Lunch – Orders are all due by Monday, March 8th online at www.schoolcashonline.com
- Last Day before Spring Break – We hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing Spring Break! School reopens on Monday, March 29th.
Upcoming Events and Information
Monday, March 15 – Friday, March 26th – Spring Break
Monday, March 29 – School reopens after Spring Break
Thursday, April 1st – PAC Bottle Drive – More information to follow
The Ministry of Education is currently collecting information through the Student Learning Survey. The Ministry of Education asks that students in Grade 4, all staff members, and all parents complete the survey. It provides them with valuable information. 2021 Ministry of Education Parent letter.pdf Please use the link below to access the survey, scroll down to “parents,” enter New Westminster School District and Connaught as the school. You do not need a password: https://www.awinfosys.com/SurveyFull1/central/main/access.asp
Connaught Heights PAC Cob’s Fundraiser: Help raise funds for Connaught Heights School! Visit cobs bread bakery on Marine Way (7515 Market Crossing #160) and make a purchase and say the following: “Dough Raisers for Connaught”. 10% of every purchase goes to the Connaught Heights PAC, which will help purchase school supplies, fund fieldtrips and much more! – Connaught Heights PAC Cob’s Fundraiser.pdf
Fuel Up! Lunch Program – https://newwestschools.ca/programs-services/fuel-up/overview/
- How to order – Fuel Up District Lunch Program How to Order.pdf
Have a wonderful weekend!