News & Events
September 24, 2020
Week Summary September 21 – 25
It’s the end of our first full week! Despite all the challenges this week with air quality, the children were fantastic. They were patient, understanding and flexible and I am so proud of them. It is evident when I am visiting the classrooms and spending time on the playground that the children are overwhelmingly excited to be back at school. Typically, I do a monthly newsletter, but due to the amount of information and changes happening currently, I am going to continue with weekly updates (these will always come home on Friday afternoon). I am hopeful that as things settle down, I can return to my typical monthly update.
Some important updates for the coming week:
- The Fuel Up lunch program begins. If you would like your child to participate, please see the attached information. Fuel Up District Lunch Program How to Order – 2020-2021 Fuel Up Program
- Grade 4 families will receive a letter about the Foundation Skills Assessment
- Staff Collaboration Day and Early Dismissal for students. All students will be dismissed at 12:24.
- PAC meeting at 6:30 in the Connaught gym or on Zoom (the zoom link will be sent out early next week). This meeting is very important, as the PAC will be voting on their budget.
- Terry Fox Run for students. Last week we had to postpone our Terry Fox run, due to the poor air quality. However, we are excited to be doing the Terry Fox run on Friday afternoon. This year is the 40thanniversary of the Terry Fox run. We will be following Covid safety protocols while out for our run. We will be collecting money to donate to the Terry Fox Foundation. If you wish to donate you can send money with your child and have them give it to their teacher.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a great weekend and on to week two!